Lsu football

Miles Suspensions Of Three Players  Did Not Confirm The


Baton Rouge - The widespread national news Wednesday that the key to LSU football players Tyrant Matthew, Spencer Ware and Tharold Simon was suspended for Saturday's game went unconfirmed by Auburn LSU coach Miles Wednesday the evenings, but he said that it was in a disciplinary matter concerning his No. 2 ranked team.

I understand the interest in what appears to be new, "Miles began its regular meeting Wednesday evening news." The problem with the news of internal discipline and the inner workings of a team. I'm not inclined to be forthcoming in the information. I am not a reactionary need for the media and things outside of the building. When there is information that I can share, I will.

Asked to confirm whether Matthew Ware and Simon was suspended, Miles said, "No, he can not confirm this hypothesis.

Several new points, including the Associated Press reported suspensions in reference to a person familiar with the decision.

Mathieu, a sophomore corner back / kick returns to New Orleans, nicknamed "Honey Badger" because of its ability gruesome Director, Defense top gun of the Tigers'. He has examined a number of national members of the media to be a legitimate Heisman candidate first Trophy. Mathieu leads Southeast Conference fumble recovery, three and is tied for the first four forced fumbles He scored two touchdowns this season -.. one after another fumble tapes, pick-up and return, and after listening to others that he first broke into the air Blitz Mathieu is also the sixth century of £ 7.9 yard average return.


Ware, a traffic jam in the second year native of Cincinnati, led LSU with 512 yards rushing on 128 has six touchdowns, and is the sixth in the SEC in rushing. Simon, a sophomore from Eunice, is the Tigers' third cornerback and plays frequently with the first team cornerback Mathieu can be free to play as a new space Blitzer nickel. Although started only one game, Simon is the fourth in the SEC to break with nine to eight and one interception incomplete.


Miles said all his players practiced Wednesday, and the table depth, "has not changed." No. 2 LSU (7-0, 4-0 SEC) hosts No. 23 Auburn (5-2, 3-1 SEC) at 3:30 on Saturday at Tiger Stadium.
Asked if all players can be suspended for the match would also be suspended for Auburn Tigers The next match "at No. 2 Alabama, November 5, Miles said," Again, I do not do that determination is a process that I go. through. This is something that I review in its entirety, and I am ready to do the way I always have. "

Miles grew irritable questions about the three players who may have been suspended for testing drugs not administered by the Compliance Department of the school. Some media said that the players are not doping.

"I think you are far left of center," said Miles. "I say that no matter where you have (without drug) test reports, I can not confirm. I'm not going to confirm, and it is not information that I will respond. "

All NCAA schools have drug policies. Policy allows LSU failed a drug test without penalty. But the interruption occurs after the other, and there is the possibility of deportation after the third. Even if players are suspended expelled failed drug tests, coaches rarely say publicly what the reason was that the privacy laws. Defensive back Damien James kicked off the LSU team during the 2002 season in the middle of reports that failed drug test, but LSU officials never confirmed he was deported in September.

Miles politely interrupted another journalist, who said "failed drug tests" to open questions.

Excuse me, "he said." I will not answer any questions that start in that direction at all. There is no information I can share with you that reflects something that could answer a question that begins this way. "


The reports of three suspensions, which were confirmed by sources from the Associated Press and ESPN, is the second time in two months that the negative news hit the LSU program. In late August, was starting quarterback Jordan Jefferson and reserve linebacker Joshua Johns arrested for misdemeanor battery for their roles in a brawl after the curfew August 19, where more than two dozen other LSU football players were on hand. Both players were suspended indefinitely by the team. Each was later reinstated after a grand jury reduced the charge against Jefferson in a crime and dropped the charges against Johns.


Miles was asked whether the news of recent suspensions was another black eye for LSU.

"Yes, I do not know," he said. "I think for me it is doing things right. It is towing the line. This is to ensure that the guys that we are all operating in a similar, very fundamental. I think is correct. I think there are enough places that don 't take place, and I think this process is very good. I think the problems of society today is crammed full of temptations and distractions, and quite frankly, it does not surprise me in any way that what is presented to our team. "

Miles said no timetable on when we can talk more specifically about the issue of discipline, he analyzed.

There is a process that pass through, and should not be cut short because of the need to communicate with the media, "said Miles." I can only tell you that I have made this the best football team and our team, and maintain the behavior and conduct that I am faithful, and the process that I am very satisfied. Despite this, there is no real information about any specific cases, a player that will address this point. This is consistent with the rules and policies of the establishment, and I am. "

If LSU without Matthew and Simon, there is a possibility that starting safety Brandon Taylor could rise to corner, where he played in 2009. While the third safety Craig Loston could take place next to Eric Taylor Reid. LSU has already played a lot of congestion and have a strong depth with sophomore Michael Ford (67 carries for 359 yards and six touchdowns) and Alfred Blue (52 to 235, four touchdowns) and true rookie Terrence Magee (15 to 47, one TD) .

"I hope my team will take the field skillfully manned and ready to play all positions," said Miles and played all the distractions that hinder performance. "This football team could understand what the distraction is. I do not know what I have seen a change in designation along. I think I understand what to do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More